Top Ten Reasons Why You Want to Date a Geek
10) We're intelligent, so we have well-paying jobs, so we have transportation and don't live with our parents. Well, usually.
9) It's really easy to make us happy - just show some interest in our favorite geeky pastime. Bonus points for getting into costume. Extra bonus points for the gold bikini.
8) If you're reading this, there's a decent chance you're a geek too. One of us! One of us!
7) We're introspective. That means we spend a lot of time thinking about how we feel, in between fragging space aliens and killing dragons in dungeons.
6) We're articulate, so we can, like, talk good about our feelings too.
5) Yes, we can fix your computer.
4) We tend to have a good memory for details. That means that in addition to remembering birthdays, anniversary, and your food/flower/fashion preferences, we can also remember the really important stuff like the quadratic formula and the contra code.
3) Your competition for our attention is limited to things that beep. You win.
2) We have spent our entire lives having to devote our total focus to whomever we are speaking with to efficiently navigate the subtleties and eccentricities of human social interaction, as well as committing full brainpower to analysis of whatever we are hearing as a matter of interest. In other words, we will listen when you speak.
1) All the time and brainpower we put into things like this list gets directed towards the relationship. Well, that and surfing the internet.