1. You are not obligated to love anyone.
2. No one is obligated to love you.
3. No one can ever really know what it's like to be anyone else.
4. All beauty is subjective, as is all suffering, and all pain.
5. All decisions are made in near-total ignorance.
6. You're only really a human being for a good, solid, thirty years.
7. Energy is not an inexhaustible resource.
8. Nikola Tesla is dead.
9. You can love liberally, but you'll probably never get anything done.
10. Someday you will drink yourself to sleep. (If Fitzgerald can do it, so can you.)
I'm sure there are plenty others, but at the moment, they escape me.
Context is depressing the hell out of me, man.