- The opening sequences were a bit distressing, especially where Gandalf sold Pippin and Merry off to support his pipe weed habit.
- Legolas' crushing by oliphaunt was tragic, but at least it paved the way for Gimli to become the prettiest (something I am glad Pj focused on. I mean, more Frodo and Sam instead of focusing on the more important characters like Gimli and Arwen would have been unforgiveable)
- Eowyn tearing off her mask to reveal she is Arwen.
- Denethor and Faramir's big group hug where he tells Faramir's adopted and Faramir's real name is Eobob. "Son, you may have wondered why you're a blond gondorian..." is one of those additions I felt wasn't so bad. Although the leaving out of the piking scene was terrible.
- the battle ending when the orcs suddenly unionize.
- Frodo and Sauron talking out their differences over some tea and discovering a mutual love of poking Sam with a sharp stick.
- The ending was a bit sad, with the whole being smited by god for being a bunch of pagan heathens and all but the music was nice.
The end. They all lived happily ever except for the being smited to death thing.