Cc: New York Yankees players, management, front-office
We would like to put for the following as terms of your complete and unconditional surrender:
1. That we are, forever after, awarded the status of "Your Daddy."
2. That if we should ever hear one of you blithely chant "1918," we can respond with a rousing cheer of either "2K4" or "three-and-oh." Because each spelled your abject downfall.
3. That any fans that want to switch sides will be welcomed with open arms as converts who've seen the light.
4. That 85 years of pain have nothing to do with our current challenges, no matter how much you think they should.
5. That smugness is hereafter punishable by absolute and ceaseless derision.
Enjoy the winter meetings in Tampa. We await your reply.
Red Sox Nation