Something very important has come to my attention, earth-shattering even. I, being a concerned citizen, actually read the warnings that came with my new DDR pad. I don't even want to think of what would have happened had I not. I realize now how lucky I have been that there have been no fatalities yet given mine and my friends' behavior around such pads. I, being a concerned citizen, have decided to post the warnings (verbatim, as I could never hope the capture the spirit of the warning) on my LJ in hopes that others will read this and start acting appropriately. And remember, safety is everyones' responsibility.
1) Forbidden (it's right out)to use this product if your feet are seriously injured. Stop immediately if there is abnormal phenomenon in your foot, waist and back when using it.
2) Please take off your shoes when using this product, don't wear a smooth sock (but two smooth socks are ok).
3) There is maybe have some white powder on the surface of the product(DON'T SNIFF IT!!!!), please wipe off by a piece of soft, clean cloth.
4) Make sure to pave the cushion.
5) Don not put it near the furniture and other odds and ends.
6)Young children must be guided to use it or need parents and teaches to accompany, in case to be tumbled by it.
7) High technology product (from the lord himself), do not apart, separate or fix it anyway. Or the damage can not be guaranteed (and then what use is a guarantee?).
8) Do not keep it in the quite high or low temperature environment, especially far away from fireplace.
9) This product is made for indoor games only, Do not use it outdoors or in other occasion (question: if you are not indoors or outdoors, what other occasion is there?).
10) Please pur it on a flat floor, but not too smooth.
11) When using this product, pay attention to keep your feet safety.
12) Strong jump or shake may cause influence to the video and audio output.
13) Please do not jump strongly, that may bring troubles to the other person.
So to review:
* Pur and pave the pad before each use.
* Keep as close to fireplace as possible.
* Don't sniff the white powder. I don't think I can stress this enough.
* Don't jump strongly for it "may bring troubles to the other person". What kind of troubles? I dare not think of the possibilities.
* And for heaven sakes people, keep small children out of the reach of the pad. It will tumble them.
But most importantly remember: Safety is no laughing matter.